Free Saint Petersburg e-Visa? Yes, you have read it correctly! As of October 1, 2019, tourists can visit this cultural capital of Russia and the surrounding region, simply by obtaining this electronic form of visa.
However, there are a few things you need to know.
This eVisa is not valid for the whole of Russia – it is valid exclusively for the following places (depending on the nationality of the passenger):
Far Eastern Federal District
Saint Petersburg and Leningrad Oblast
Far Eastern Federal District
An e-visa to enter the Far Eastern Federal District can only be obtained by the nationals of the following states:
An e-visa to enter the Kaliningrad Oblast can only be obtained by the nationals of the following states:
Saint-Petersburg and Leningrad Oblast
An e-visa to enter the Saint-Petersburg and Leningrad Oblast can only be obtained by the nationals of the following states:
This Saint Petersburg e-Visa is a single-entry visa and once it is issued, it is valid for 30 calendar days (from the date of its issuance). The permitted stay in the Russian Federation with it is up to 8 days – starting from the date of entry. E-visa validity and/or the permitted stay under it cannot be extended by any circumstances.
The application form for this electronic visa can not be filled out earlier than 20 days and no later than 4 days before the intended date of your entry to the Russian Federation.
Your Saint Petersburg e-Visa can be only one of the following categories:
-ordinary business eVisa (purpose of the journey is business),
-ordinary tourist eVisa (purpose of the journey is tourism), and
-ordinary humanitarian eVisa (purposes of the journey are sports, cultural, scientific and technological ties).
Russian Federation national border checkpoints where you can enter & exit with this eVisa:
- air checkpoints (Knevichy Airport, Khomutovo Airport, Yelizovo Airport, Novy Airport, Ugolny Airport, Kaliningrad, Ulan-Ude, Chita)
- naval checkpoints (Vladivostok, Zarubino, Posiet, Korsakov, Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Kaliningrad, Baltiysk and Svetly, Vysotsk)
- railroad checkpoints (Pogranichny, Khasan, Makhalino, Mamonovo, Sovetsk)
- automobile checkpoints (Poltavka, Turiy Rog, Bagrationovsk, Gusev, Mamonovo, Grzechotki, Morskoje, Pogranichny, Sovetsk, Chernyshevskoye, Ivangorod, Torfjanovka, Brusnitchnoe, Svetogorsk)
- pedestrian checkpoint (Ivangorod)
If you are a citizen from the following countries -Switzerland, Germany, Austria, France, Denmark, Sweden, Netherlands – you can enter and leave the Russian Federation at:
- air checkpoints – only allowed Pulkovo
- naval checkpoints – only allowed Vysotsk, Big Port Saint Petersburg and Passenger Port Saint Petersburg
- railroad checkpoints – unfortunately, entry and exit on an eVisa by using rail transport is currently unavailable for you
- automobile and pedestrian checkpoints are the same for everyone
It is extremely important to leave the territory of the Russian Federation through the same checkpoint that you have entered.
What To Pay Attention To when Applying for Saint Petersburg e-Visa:
- To get your free Saint Petersburg e-Visa, your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date you wish to apply for an eVisa
- Your passport must have free space for border crossing stamps
- Travelers who are planning to arrive in the Russian Federation with eVisas are required to have a valid medical insurance for the entire period of their stay
- If you already have a valid Russian visa in your passport then there is no need to apply for an eVisa to enter the Far Eastern Federal District, Kaliningrad Oblast, Saint-Petersburg and Leningrad Oblast. You are allowed to enter the said regions using a regular visa (within its validity period) without any limitations
If you wish to apply for this e-Visa, you can do that by filling out the online form on the official website of The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation.
Want to Discover More than St. Petersburg and Leningrad Region? Apply for a Russian Visa with Viselio.
There are just so many things to enjoy in this beautiful port city on the Baltic Sea – the amazing culture and people, the palaces and rich gardens, art museums, Orthodox churches! But, if you’re interested in exploring more of the Russian Federation, you need to apply for a regular Russian visa.
With Viselio you can do this online, with much ease. Thanks to our intelligent system you’ll be able to apply for your Russian visa in only 7 minutes of your time.
All you need to do is to fill out this Russian Visa Application form, send us your passport and in a few days, it will be delivered with the processed visa at your doorstep.