The transit areas are defined for travellers which are making en route stops while changing flights and so on. For some transit areas, you need a visa, for others you don’t.

Are you travelling abroad with your child, but you are not sure which visa documents you need to collect?

The Visa Information System is processing, collecting, storing and sharing to relevant authorities information about Schengen visas of the non-EU citizens. This system allows Schengen states to exchange all visa-related data.

There are a lot of different types of visas and a lot of visa classifications. When they first appeared, passports and visas served the same purpose and weren’t really different from each other.

A biometric passport, e-passport, ePassport and digital passport; lots of names but they all mean the same thing – a passport with a chip. “How do I know if my passport is biometric?”, you may be wondering.

We always take special care of your personal documents and for shipping them back to you we are using Swiss Post’s shipping methods and the express courier service Swissconnect. The choice of shipment is entirely up to you.

Have you ever found yourself puzzled by these names without a clue where you should actually go? Telephone lines are always busy and nobody is answering your emails. Today’s article will help you distinguish between these terms.

You are probably not familiar with the term “visa run” if you are a regular type of a tourist. That is if you get all the necessary documents, travel to your destination of choice and after your holiday is over you go back home.

On 9 June 2017, the European Council agreed on a general approach on the proposal for a European travel information and authorisation system or, simply, ETIAS. It will be necessary for non-EU visitors.

ETA lasts for 12 months and during this time you are allowed to visit Australia as many times as you want. Just remember that each of your stays cannot be longer than 3 months. ETA is used for tourist and business purposes only.