To conduct any business in the People’s Republic of China, you are supposed to get a business visa. But in order to get the business visa, first you will need to get a letter of invitation from your business partners, that is from the Chinese company/organisation that is inviting you for the already mentioned business matters.
This letter of invitation needs to have specific information on it and it needs to have the official signatures and the seal of the company/organisation. The letter needs to:
-be printed on the letterhead of the company/organisation that is inviting you;
-mention the reason for the travel and the length of the stay;
-contain details about you;
-contain details about the connection between you and the company/organisation that is inviting you.
Information considering you, the applicant, includes the following:
– your name, gender, nationality, date of birth and passport number;
– the full name of the employer and your job title;
– the purpose of your visit;
– the names of the cities and provinces you are planning to visit;
– the dates of your entrance and exit from China;
– the validity of the visa being requested (single, double, multiple entries, 3 months, 6 months, etc.);
– the information about the connection between you and the person/company/organisation that is inviting you;
– the name of the person who is to provide you with the financial support in China for the duration of your stay;
– the full name of the Chinese company/organisation that invited you;
– the full name, job title, address, phone and fax numbers of the contact person at the Chinese company/organisation that invited you;
– the signature of the inviting contact person at the Chinese company/organisation and the company’s/organisation’s stamp.
Take notice that the invitation letter from Hong Kong or Taiwan isn’t acceptable. Your letter of invitation needs to be from the company/organisation that is located in the mainland China.
When sending your documents for the visa application, you can send the scanned of fax copy, but make sure that it is of a good quality and readable. However, it is possible that the consulate or the embassy may request to see the original invitation, so keep it at hand. In case you are invited to an interview to the consulate or the embassy for some additional questions, make sure to bring the original invitation just in case the officials ask to see it.